THE ADVANTAGES OF NEUTERING MALE DOGS & CATS
– Has no effect on the dog’s alertness or natural protective instincts.
– Minimises sexual and territorial aggression.
– Reduces hyperactivity and the dog becomes more relaxed in its home environment.
– Lowers the dog’s general activity level (advantageous with certain breeds such as Boxers).
– The dog becomes more affectionate with the owners, children and other pets.
– Minimises or eliminates bad habits such as jumping over fences, chasing of cars, urinating in the house, etc.
– Minimises the likelihood of having prostate problems.
– Neutered cats become more affectionate and less inclined to wander off their territories.
– Neutering reduces and even eliminates spraying altogether.
– Reduces and even eliminates “cat choruses” which are usually caused by unneutered males challenging each other for females “in season” or for territory (i.e. minimises sexual and territorial aggression).
DOGS AND CATS:
– Stops straying when females “in season” are in the neighbourhood and also reduces the possibility of the male getting into fights or being run over by a motor vehicle – which can prove to be costly in terms of veterinary fees.
– Prevents mating with females “in season” in the neighbourhood.
– Minimises or eliminates the possibility of the male contracting sexually trans¬mitted diseases.
– Reduces the possibility of the male developing tumours in the anus.
– Results can be expected to show within six weeks to three months of the operation.
A MALE CAN FERTILISE MORE FEMALES IN A YEAR THAN A FEMALE CAN HAVE LITTERS IN HER LIFETIME.
One female dog and her offspring, in 6 years, can be responsible for the birth of 67,000 dogs!!
One female cat and her offspring, in 7 years, can be responsible for the birth of 420,000 cats!!
Every sterilized cat or dog stops many unwanted babies and makes a huge difference.